DASNY works with the New York Social Equity Cannabis Investment Fund and the Office of Cannabis Management to build New York's cannabis industry on a foundation of social equity.
Supporting New York’s Social Equity Cannabis Entrepreneurs
New York’s Social Equity Cannabis Investment Fund helps individuals impacted by the disproportionate enforcement of cannabis prohibition lease and equip suitable real estate for retail adult-use cannabis dispensaries.
The Cannabis Social Equity Investment Fund
This up to $200 million Public-Private Fund, proposed by Governor Hochul and adopted by the Legislature, provides much needed support for justice-involved individuals who have received a Conditional Adult-Use Retail Dispensary (CAURD) license from the State Office of Cannabis Management. The Fund was seeded with $50 million in State funds, to be repaid from tax revenue generated by cannabis sales, and up to $150 million in private investment. It is the first of its kind in the nation.
Participating CAURD licensees receive a premium turn-key cannabis dispensary in an optimum retail location, with the licensee repaying the Fund’s investment over time. This approach provides participating CAURD licensees with the best possible opportunity to succeed, overcome the unjust treatment of the past, and create generational wealth.
The Social Equity Servicing Corporation (SESC), a DASNY subsidiary works with the Fund to identify, acquire, design, construct, and outfit locations for cannabis dispensaries to be operated by individuals who have received a Conditional Adult-Use Retail Dispensary (CAURD) license issued by the Office of Cannabis Management.
- Information for CAURD Licensees (New: Cannabis Social Equity Investment Fund Search Tool)
- Frequently Asked Questions: CAURD Social Equity Investment Fund Program
- NY Cannabis Social Equity Investment Fund Program Report as of December 30, 2022
- Click here for the New York State Office of Cannabis Management
- Public Policy Committee - Public Notice of Meetings and Webcast
- Social Equity Servicing Corporation (SESC) Meeting Info