DASNY administers capital grant programs on behalf of New York State that support community and economic development. Questions should be directed to [email protected] or the Grant Administration Unit at (518) 257-3177.
Capital Grant Programs Administered by DASNY
Click here for a report of all capital grants, DASNY reviews, that have been completed.
This list is updated regularly.
• Community Capital Assistance Program (CCAP)
• Community Enhancement Facilities Assistance Program (CEFAP)
• Community Resiliency, Economic Sustainability, and Technology Program (CREST)
• Generating Employment Through New York Science (Gen*NY*sis)
• Local Community Assistant Program (LoCAP)
• New York Economic Development Capital Program (NYEDCP)
• New York Economic Development Program (NYEDP)
• New York State Capital Assistance Program (NYS CAP)
• New York State Economic Development Assistance Program (NYSEDAP)
• Nonprofit Infrastructure Capital Investment Program (NICIP)
• New York State Regional Economic Development Program (NYS RED)
• New York State Technology and Development Program (NYSTAD)
• Rebuilding the Empire State through Opportunities in Regional Economies (RESTORE)
• Strategic Investment Program (SIP)
• State and Municipal Facilities Program (SAM)
Nonprofit Infrastructure Capital Investment Program (NICIP)
DASNY administers the Nonprofit Infrastructure Capital Investment Program (NICIP) by processing grants awarded through a competitive grant process. The first wave of NICIP projects, totaling approximately $120 million, were awarded to recipients in 2017 and 2018. The 2023-2024 Enacted State Budget authorized $50 million for a new competitive NICIP opportunity.
Please note there is updated information regarding the 2023 NICIP RFA as of 11/30/2023.
Click on the blue button below for further information.
Grant Programs Administered with Other State Agencies or Entities:
• Higher Education Capital Matching Grant Program (HECap) (HECap Board)
Follow this link for more information on HECap Board actions
• Lake Ontario Resiliency & Economic Development Initiative (REDI)
Follow this link for more information on REDI
• Veterans Nonprofit Capital Program (VNCP) (NYS Division of Veterans’ Services)
Follow this link for more information on VNCP
Veterans' Nonprofit Capital Program (VNCP) Awards
• Child Care Capital Program (CCCP) (Office of Children and Family Services)
• Library Construction Grant Program (NYS Education Department)
• Expanding All Children’s Education and Learning Program (EXCEL) (NYS Education Department)
• Multi-Modal Program (NYS Department of Transportation)
• Capital Restructuring Finance Program (CRFP) (NYS Department of Health)
• Health Care Efficiency and Affordability Law for New Yorkers Capital Grant Program (HEAL-NY)
(NYS Department of Health)
• Statewide Health Care Facility Transformation Program - (Statewide – multiple rounds)
(NYS Department of Health)