The Dormitory Authority State of New York (DASNY) is seeking Expressions of Interests (EOI) from firms with experience in certain design and construction related services to fulfill the role of “Technical Advisor/Subject Matter Expert (SME)” to support DASNY during the design, pre-construction, construction and commissioning phases for a new largescale state-of-the-art public health laboratory on the Harriman State Office Campus in Albany, N.Y. to serve New York State’s public health needs. The project delivery method is Design/Build. Design is planned to begin in the first quarter of 2023 and construction is planned to begin in the second quarter of 2024 with planned substantial completion in third quarter of 2027 (approximately 40 months).
The following is a description of the scope of services to be provided by the Technical Advisor/Subject Matter Expert (SME):
Design Phase Services
- Attend all design meetings with Design Build team and their respective design professionals. Approximate Design duration is 15-18 months.
- Advise New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) and DASNY on overall building design, site design and mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems as they develop with regard to value engineering and constructability
- Investigate/review and provide input on design options that are discussed and presented in the design meetings with Design Build team and Design Professionals.
- Evaluate the Design Phase Schedule for conformance with industry standards, reasonableness of overall proposed schedule duration and methodology.
- Review and provide comments on all design submissions for compliance with the basis of design at 30%, 60 % and 100% stages
- Review and comment on project cost estimates and Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) submissions from DB Team for cost accuracy and reasonableness
- Review and comment on all material or product submittals that are provided during the Design Phase for compliance with the basis of design
- Review and comment on Design Progress Meeting minutes provided by the DB Team. Project team consists of NYSDOH, DASNY, Technical Advisor and DB Team.
Construction Phase Services
- Attend construction kickoff meeting(s)
- Attend all Construction/Subcontractors’ meetings with Design Build team and their respective design professionals.
- Attend all Owner meetings with Design Build Team, DOH & DASNY.
- Review and comment on Owners Meeting minutes provided by the DB Team.
- Review and comment on all material or product submittals that are provided during the Construction Phase for compliance with the basis of design and the approved contract documents. Technical Advisor to summarize all comments and transmit to Design Build Team, DASNY, and DOH.
- Evaluate the Construction Phase Schedule for conformance with industry standards, reasonableness of overall proposed schedule duration and methodology.
- Provide daily on-site observation and inspection throughout the construction duration for compliance with the basis of design and the construction documents. (See below for specific staffing details)
- Provide oversight of all construction activities to assure code compliance, manufacturer’s installation and overall construction industry standards are achieved.
- Provide review assistance on monthly payment applications
- Provide review assistance of change orders requested and submitted by Design Build team.
- Assist owner with creation, review and completion of final punch list.
In addition, the Technical Advisor/Subject Matter Expert (SME) shall provide full time staffing, on site, during the Construction phase of the project. The Subject Matter Expert staff shall work closely with DASNY and the Design Build Team. Staffing expertise is required in the following areas:
- Specialized Laboratory HVAC Systems
- Specialized Laboratory Electrical/Fire Alarm
- Specialized Laboratory Plumbing /Fire protection
- Specialized Laboratory Security Technology & Data Telecom
Interested firms must meet the following requirements: (1) have relevant experience with projects of similar size, scope and budget; (2) employ or team with experienced staff with thorough knowledge of the area(s) of expertise required for the project; and (3) and each individual Subject Matter Expert (SME) has demonstrated experience in their area of expertise.
DASNY contributes to the economic development of New York State by assisting and supporting Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprises and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses (MWBE/SDVOB) through its procurement process. As part of this EOI, and consistent with Article 15A and 17B of the Executive Laws, DASNY strongly encourages all firms to submit proposals that utilize partnerships, joint ventures or sub-consultant arrangements with New York State certified MWBE & SDVOB firms for this procurement. To identify NYS Certified MWBE firms contact Empire State Development at www.esd.ny.gov/doing-business-ny/mwbe , for NYS Certified SDVOB firms contact www.ogs.ny.gov/veterans or for further assistance review DASNY MWSBE Registry at www.dasny.org. It is the goal of DASNY to encourage participation by qualified and certified Minority, Woman-Owned-Business Enterprises (MWBES) and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses (SDVOBS) as part of your team with meaningful roles to the maximum extent practical and consistent with legal requirements.
Firms interested in responding to this solicitation must submit one (1) electronic copy of an Expression of Interest (EOI) to the contact noted below no later than 3:00 pm on December 12, 2022. EOI’s received after this date will not be considered. EOI’s must include the following information in the same tab order as described below:
Tab 1 – Provide a cover letter with your firm’s name, address and telephone number along with the name, title, telephone number and email address of the individual within the firm who will be DASNY’s primary contact concerning this EOI.
- If the Technical Advisor/Subject Matter Expert (SME) is a joint venture or an intended joint venture, the EOI and cover letter shall be signed by each of the persons or firms that is or will be a party to the Joint Venture Agreement. If available certified copy of the Joint Venture Agreement shall be attached to the EOI and cover letter.
- Provide a brief summary describing why your firm would be the best choice to provide Technical Advisor services for this project.
Tab 2 - Provide resumes for all proposed staff, including subconsultants demonstrating your firm and proposed team’s experience with laboratory and technical facilities and/or research & development facilities and experience providing the following services:
- Design review
- Constructability review
- Value engineering
- Schedule review
- Submittal review
- Cost estimating
- Construction observation/inspection for HVAC
- Electrical/Fire Alarm, Plumbing/Fire Protection
- Security/Tel-data systems
Firms must have NYS licensed architects and engineers
Tab 3 – Provide examples of projects completed by your firm within the past ten years that were similar in size, scope and complexity. For each project provide: the project name, cost of construction, a description of specific services performed by your firm and the construction start and completion dates.
Tab 4 – Explain your firm’s anticipated approach to maximizing M/WBE participation in both the design and construction phases of the Project and provide summaries showing the firm’s and the subconsultants performance meeting M/WBE goals on past projects.
Tab 5 – Provide a completed Diversity Questionnaire, included in this ad as an attachment. It is the goal of DASNY to use qualified firms that have a demonstrated history of hiring, training, developing, promoting, and retaining minority and women staff and to encourage participation by certified MWBE firms. This questionnaire elicits information about each responding firm to verify that its work environment demonstrates a strong commitment to diversity and diversity inclusion in the firm’s design and construction team.
Tab 6 – Provide three (3) references with contact information and phone numbers from three (3) separate projects, excluding DASNY employees, and a summary of the services provided.
Please note that while no final determination has been made at this stage, the aspirational goals for the proposed contract are 18% MBE, 12% WBE, 6% SDVOB.
Complete the NYS Vendor Responsibility Questionnaire online at http://www.osc.state.ny.us/vendrep and submit a copy of the certification page to the designated representative listed below. To enroll in and use the New York State VendRep System, see the VendRep System Instructions available at http://www.osc.state.ny.us/vendrep/index.htm or go directly to the VendRep System online at https://portal.osc.state.ny.us.
Pursuant to Executive Order No. 170.1 – Uniform Guidelines for Responsibility Determinations, Executive Order No. 125 – NYS Vendor Responsibility Questionnaire and Executive Order No. 192 – Continuing Vendor Integrity, DASNY may only award a contract to a responsible proposer. A responsible proposer must have the integrity to justify the award of public dollars and the capacity to perform the requirements of the contract fully. The proposer must file a vendor responsibility questionnaire with DASNY. The questionnaire provides the proposer an opportunity to self-disclose any issues and provide necessary information, which DASNY will use as part of its determination.
Based on the information received, the firms deemed qualified by review of their respective EOI’s will be short-listed and issued a request for proposal (RFP). Once selected, the short-listed firms will be posted on DASNY’s website.
In accordance with State Finance Law § 139-j and § 139-k, this solicitation includes and imposes certain restrictions on communications between Dormitory Authority personnel and an Offerer during the procurement process. The designated representative for this procurement is Rachel Scaccia, Contract Administrator (ph:518-257-3358, Email: [email protected]). Contacts made to other Dormitory Authority personnel regarding this procurement may disqualify the Offerer and affect future procurements with governmental entities in the State of New York. Please refer to the Authority’s website (www.dasny.org) for Authority policy and procedures regarding this law, or the OGS website (www.ogs.state.ny.us/aboutogs/regulations/defaultAdvisoryCouncil html) for more information about this law. All proposers, domestic and foreign, must be in compliance with New York State business registration requirements. Contact the NYS Department of State regarding compliance. In addition, business entities proposing to provide professional engineering services must obtain a Certificate of Authorization to Provide Engineering Services in New York State from the State Education Department. Proposals must be submitted in the full legal name of the proposer, or the full legal name plus a registered assumed name of the proposer, if any.
Albany, NY 12207
Email: [email protected]
Submit To Contact
Albany, NY 12207
Email: [email protected]
Albany, NY 12207
Email: [email protected]
|Company Name||Contact Name||Phone||Website||Fax||Designation||Goods/Services|
|CG Global Management Solutions, LLC||Ayo Jemiri||9179228858||[email protected]||www.cggmanagement.com||
|Core Construction Group LLC||SAIF CHAUDHRY||212-920-1926||[email protected]||CORECONSTRUCTIONGROUP.COM||
||CONCRETE, MASONRY, TILE, PAVERS BATHROOM KITCHEN REMODELING, BRICK WORK|
|Friends Traders||Faisal Aziz Bhatti||+923121409208||[email protected]||
|Infinite Consulting Corp||Andrew Silverman||5163311797||[email protected]||infiniteconsultingcorp.com||
|Laland Baptiste||Robert Baptiste||7186292477||[email protected]||lalandbaptiste.com||
||Construction Management & Construction Management Support Services|
|MCI Momentum Consulting, LLC||Ivan A. Espiritusantos||2017379227||[email protected]||www.mcimomentum.com||
||Construction Management, BIM (Building Information Modeling), Material Testing, NYC DOB Inspections|
|Sherpa Construction Consulting, LLC||Chongba Sherpa||7188061044||[email protected]||www.sherpagcm.com||
||Cost Estimating, Value Engineering, Scheduling|