“DASNY has a long history of ensuring that the partners working with the state reflect New York’s diversity. This program will help MWBEs and SDVOBs establish the strong financial footing needed to enable them to grow their businesses and take on larger projects to help New York rebuild.”
Reuben R. McDaniel, III
DASNY President & CEO
Preparing to be a Prime Contractor on Set-Aside Projects
To help small and emerging firms be more competitive to become primary vendors for larger-scale New York State projects, the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York (DASNY) is working with the Cayemitte Group (TCG) to provide training and support to NYS-certified Minority-Women-Business Enterprises (MWBE) and Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Business (SDVOB) to help them obtain needed bonding and develop successful bids.
Expect Results Quickly
The Surety Bond Training Program helps prepare companies to successfully bid to be prime contractors and to obtain Surety Bonds, which can be a major challenge and obstacle for small and emerging firms.
Internal Financial Support, 24 Classes and Customized One-on-One Sessions
The biggest issue keeping NYS-certified firms from bidding as primes is financial presentation that doesn’t support bonding. This all-new program will prepare your firm to bid at your highest level. TCG will start with QuickBooks webinars to develop or strengthen your internal accounting system. Then, subject matter expert CPAs will examine your internal financials. If they don’t meet bonding or lending requirements, the CPAs will revamp your financials to help you qualify to bid as quickly as possible.
- Classes will focus on understanding financial reporting, the DASNY Project Labor Agreement, and Contract Law.
- Individual and small-group sessions will assist you with insurance, bonding, business development and marketing.
- Project Support once you win a project, services may include TCG’s Capital Management services, which can support bonding and favorable financing terms with NYC-area suppliers.
Live-Streamed and Interactive Format
- Classes: Four live-streamed, two-hour classes will take place evenings.
- QuickBooks Series: Six one-hour QuickBooks webinars will be live- streamed three mornings per week.
- One-on-Ones and Small Group Sessions: One-hour virtual sessions will start immediately once you are accepted into the program.
You must be selected to participate. If you have questions, please call:
Liz Duncan-Gilmour (845) 616-2709 or David Cayemitte (215) 850-4546.
“A key component to the growth of an emerging contractor is his or her ability to secure appropriate bonding to execute a contract. All too often, the lack of access to bonding inhibits a contractor from moving to the next level of growth and opportunity.”
President, The Cayemitte Group