“DASNY has a long history of ensuring that the partners working with the state reflect the New York’s diversity. This program will help MWBE’s and SDVOB’s establish the strong financial footing needed to enable them to grow their businesses and take on larger projects to help New York rebuild.”
Reuben McDaniel III.
DASNY President and CEO
Preparing to be a Prime Contractor on Set-Aside Projects
To help small and emerging firms be more competitive to become primary vendors for larger-scale New York State projects, the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York (DASNY) is working with the Cayemitte Group (TCG) to provide training and supports to NYS-certified Minority-Women-Business Enterprises (MWBE) and Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Business (SDVOB) obtain needed bonding and develop successful bids.
The Fast Track to Surety Bond will help contractors access a DASNY program to allocate up to $20 million per year specifically for MWBE/SDVOB contractors.
Applications are due by May 14, 2021 | Apply Now!
Expect Results Quickly
The Fast Track to Surety Bonding Training Program is a four-month initiative to better prepare companies to successfully bid to be primary vendors for projects $500,000 or greater and to obtain Surety Bonds, which can be a major challenge and obstacle for small and emerging firms.
Internal Financial Support, 1x1s and Classes
The biggest issue keeping NYS-certified firms from bidding as primes is financial presentation that doesn’t support bonding. This all-new program will prepare your firm to bid at your highest level. TCG will start with QuickBooks webinars to develop or strengthen your internal accounting system. Then, subject matter expert CPAs will examine your internal financials. If they don’t meet bonding or lending requirements, the CPAs will revamp your financials to help you qualify to bid as quickly as possible.
- Classes will focus on understanding financial reporting, the DASNY Project Labor Agreement, and Contract Law.
- Individual and small-group sessions will assist you with insurance, bonding, business development and marketing.
- Project Support once you win a project, services may include TCG’s Capital Management services, which can support bonding and favorable financing terms with NYC-area suppliers.
Live-Streamed and Interactive Format
- Classes: Four live-streamed, two-hour classes will take place evenings at 6PM starting in late May.
- QuickBooks Series: Six one-hour QuickBooks webinars will be live- streamed three mornings per week starting in late May.
- One-on-Ones and Small Group Sessions: One-hour virtual sessions will start immediately once you are accepted into the program.
Interviews Start Immediately
You must be selected to participate. If you have questions, please call Liz Duncan-Gilmour (845) 616-2709 or David Cayemitte (215) 850-4546.
“A key component to the growth of an emerging contractor is his or her ability to secure appropriate bonding to execute a contract. All too often, the lack of access to bonding inhibits a contractor from moving to the next level of growth and opportunity.”
President, The Cayemitte Group