"Through perseverance, creativity, and coaching provided through the DASNY Surety Bond Training Program, we learned valuable lessons, sharpened our skills, made our business tighter and ultimately increased our capacity to take on larger projects."
Founder, Watt + Flux
Preparing to be a Prime Contractor on Set-Aside Projects
This fast-track program will prepare 15 select contractors to bid as prime contractors ASAP!
DASNY is releasing projects NOW in a Pilot Program where it will set aside $20 million in projects for bidding by any NYS-certified Minority, Women Business Enterprises (MWBE) or Service-Disabled Veteran-owned Business (SDVOB) firms. In addition, DASNY has set-aside work for Small and MBEs at CUNY campuses at Medgar Evers, York, and Bronx and Hostos Community Colleges.
Expect Results Quickly
This 4-month program, administered by The Cayemitte Group, will provide intensive hands-on support to prepare the selected group of contractors to bid as primes on projects of $500,000 or greater.
Internal Financial Support, 1x1s and Classes
The biggest issue keeping NYS-certified firms from bidding as primes is financial presentation that doesn’t support bonding. This all-new program will prepare your firm to bid at your highest level. TCG will start with QuickBooks webinars to develop or strengthen your internal accounting system. Then, subject matter expert CPAs will examine your internal financials. If they don’t meet bonding or lending requirements, the CPAs will revamp your financials to help you qualify to bid as quickly as possible.
- Classes will focus on understanding financial reporting, the DASNY Project Labor Agreement, and Contract Law.
- Individual and small-group sessions will assist you with insurance, bonding, business development and marketing.
- Project Support once you win a project, services may include TCG’s Capital Management services, which can support bonding and favorable financing terms with NYC-area suppliers.
Live-Streamed and Interactive Format
- Classes: Four live-streamed, two-hour classes will take place evenings at 6PM starting in late May.
- QuickBooks Series: Six one-hour QuickBooks webinars will be live- streamed three mornings per week starting in late May.
- One-on-Ones and Small Group Sessions: One-hour virtual sessions will start immediately once you are accepted into the program.
Interviews Start Immediately
You must be selected to participate. If you have questions, please call Liz Duncan-Gilmour (845) 616-2709 or David Cayemitte (215) 850-4546.