At DASNY, we are proud to be at the forefront of making the business case for diversity, and we are committed to creating opportunity. Inclusion is at the core of what we do – it is more than just checking boxes – it is about building resilient and sustainable communities that can adapt and compete. New York State is counting on us to deliver, and together we will lead the way.
Reuben R. McDaniel, III
President & CEO | DASNY
A Unique Opportunity for Minority Candidates
The Dormitory Authority of the State of New York (DASNY), one of the nation’s top municipal bond issuers, is offering opportunities for undergraduates from underrepresented groups – including groups based on race, ethnicity, gender, disability status, and sexual orientation – who have been historically underrepresented in the financial services industry.
The DASNY Public Finance Fellowship
The one-year paid fellowship is an opportunity to learn from and work with DASNY’s public finance professionals in DASNY’s Albany office.
The Fellowship offers:
- Experience working with top financial professionals developing bond deals with major Wall Street investment banks
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Opportunity to gain full-time employment at DASNY following successful completion of the fellowship.
Applicants for DASNY’s Fellowship must:
- Be an undergraduate student from an underrepresented group who received a bachelor’s degree in December 2021 or will receive a bachelor’s degree in May or June 2022;
- Demonstrate an interest in public finance, a familiarity with governmental institutions, quality work ethic, and a strong drive towards the pursuit of an exciting and rewarding career;
- Possess analytical and quantitative skills, which may be demonstrated through internships and/or the successful completion of economics, business administration, or mathematics courses, which are preferred but not required;
- Be a New York State resident who is a citizen or otherwise authorized to work in the United States;
- Provide three references (i.e. – employer, professor, coach); and
- Submit a resume, official college transcript and cover letter, not to exceed 500 words, which provides an example of your leadership and service experience and how this experience will enhance your ability to be successful in the fellowship to [email protected]
- Online application/postmark deadline: Monday, April 25, 2022 by 5:00 PM
- Printable PDF
Our Commitment to Diversity in Finance
DASNY strives to attract diverse talent that reflects the communities that we serve. At DASNY, we know that diverse teams and engaged employees are the key to providing the best services to our clients and driving innovation. Our goal is to foster an environment that embraces differences in race, culture, gender identity, age, physical and mental ability, sexual orientation, thought, and experiences and leverage those differences to further our mission to finance, design and build New York's future.
DASNY is one of the largest issuers of tax-exempt bonds in the nation with an outstanding bond portfolio of approximately $59.2 billion, and a major public builder with a construction pipeline of more than 1,000 projects valued at approximately $8 billion.
• Three references (i.e. – employer, professor, coach)
• Resume, official college transcript and cover letter, not to exceed 500 words, which provides an example of your leadership and service experience and how this experience will enhance your ability to be successful in the fellowship to: [email protected]