At DASNY, we are proud to be at the forefront of making the business case for diversity, and we are committed to creating opportunity. Inclusion is at the core of what we do – it is more than just checking boxes – it is about building resilient and sustainable communities that can adapt and compete. New York State is counting on us to deliver, and together we will lead the way.
Reuben R. McDaniel, III
President & CEO | DASNY
A Unique Opportunity for Minority Candidates
The Dormitory Authority of the State of New York (DASNY), one of the nation’s top municipal bond issuers, has established the DASNY Public Finance Diversity Fellowship to offer opportunities for undergraduates from minority groups historically underrepresented in the financial services industry. The fellowship’s mission is to create and strengthen opportunities to advance diversity and inclusion within the workforce.
The DASNY Public Finance Fellowship
The fellowship consists of two six-month terms. The first term, beginning in July 2023, will be spent in DASNY’s Albany office serving as an analyst in the public finance division. The second term will be spent working alongside one of DASNY’s investment bank partners in New York City.
The Fellowship offers:
- Experience working with top financial professionals developing bond deals with major Wall Street investment banks.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Opportunity to learn from DASNY's knowledgeable industry professionals and one of DASNY's valued and respected investment bank partners.
Applicants for DASNY’s Fellowship must:
- Be an undergraduate student from an underrepresented group who received a bachelor’s degree in December 2022 or will receive a bachelor’s degree in May or June 2023;
- Demonstrate an interest in public finance, a familiarity with governmental institutions, quality work ethic, and a strong drive towards the pursuit of an exciting and rewarding career;
- Possess analytical and quantitative skills, which may be demonstrated through internships and/or the successful completion of economics, business administration, or mathematics courses, which are preferred but not required;
- Be a New York State resident who is a citizen or otherwise authorized to work in the United States;
- Provide one letter of recommendation (i.e. – employer or professor); and
- Submit a resume, unofficial college transcript and essay up to 500 words, which describes your academic, leadership, service experience, and how this experience will enhance your ability to be successful in the fellowship.
*Please note that you may submit your resume and essay now, and your unofficial transcript later in the process*
Online application deadline: Thursday, March 30, 2023.
Virtual interviews should be held on Tuesday, April 4, 2023.
Our Commitment to Diversity in Finance
DASNY strives to attract diverse talent that reflects the communities that we serve. At DASNY, we know that diverse teams and engaged employees are the key to providing the best services to our clients and driving innovation. Our goal is to foster an environment that embraces differences in race, culture, gender identity, age, physical and mental ability, sexual orientation, thought, and experiences and leverage those differences to further our mission to finance, design and build New York's future.
• One letter of recommendation (i.e. – employer or professor)
• Resume, unofficial college transcript and essay, of up to 500 words, which describes your academic, leadership, and service experience, and how this experience will
enhance your ability to be successful in the fellowship.