At DASNY, we are proud to be at the forefront of making the business case for diversity, and we are committed to creating opportunity. Inclusion is at the core of what we do – it is more than just checking boxes – it is about building resilient and sustainable communities that can adapt and compete. New York State is counting on us to deliver, and together we will lead the way.
A Unique Opportunity for Diverse Candidates
The Dormitory Authority of the State of New York (DASNY), one of the nation’s top municipal bond issuers, has established the DASNY Public Finance Diversity Fellowship to offer opportunities for undergraduates who can demonstrate how their life experience, including challenges overcome, leadership and service experience, and academic experience, will enhance their ability to be successful in the Fellowship. The fellowship’s mission is to create and strengthen opportunities to advance diversity and inclusion within the workforce.
The DASNY Public Finance Fellowship
The fellowship consists of two six-month terms. The first term, beginning in July 2024, will be spent in DASNY’s Albany office serving as an analyst in the public finance division. The second term will be spent working alongside one of DASNY’s investment bank partners in New York City.
The Fellowship offers:
- Experience working with top financial professionals developing bond deals with major Wall Street investment banks.
- $65,000 salary and benefits. Opportunity to learn from DASNY's knowledgeable industry professionals and one of DASNY's valued and respected investment bank partners.
Applicants for DASNY’s Fellowship must:
- Be an undergraduate student from an underrepresented group who received a bachelor’s degree in December 2023 or will receive a bachelor’s degree in May or June 2024;
- Demonstrate an interest in public finance, a familiarity with governmental institutions, quality work ethic, and a strong drive towards the pursuit of an exciting and rewarding career;
- Possess analytical and quantitative skills, which may be demonstrated through internships and/or the successful completion of economics, business administration, or mathematics courses, which are preferred but not required;
- Be a citizen or otherwise authorized to work in the United States;
- Submit a resume, unofficial transcript, and personal statement up to 650 words which describes: 1) the importance of promoting diversity in the financial services industry and 2) how your life experience including challenges overcome, leadership and service experience, or academic experience will enhance your ability to be successful in the Fellowship.
Online application deadline: Wednesday January 31, 2024.
Virtual interviews should be held on Friday February 16, 2024.
Our Commitment to Diversity in Finance
DASNY strives to attract diverse talent that reflects the communities that we serve. At DASNY, we know that diverse teams and engaged employees are the key to providing the best services to our clients and driving innovation. Our goal is to foster an environment that embraces differences in race, culture, gender identity, age, physical and mental ability, sexual orientation, thought, and experiences and leverage those differences to further our mission to finance, design and build New York's future.
• Resume, unofficial college transcript and essay, of up to 650 words, which describes the importance of promoting diversity in the financial services industry and how your life experience, including challenges overcome, leadership and service experience, or academic experience will enhance your ability to be successful in the Fellowship.