The Power of 2
Partners: Working Together for New York State
The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) and the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York (DASNY) have formed a partnership to provide complementary services and financing options to customers eligible for DASNY and NYSERDA assistance in New York State.
What the Partnership Offers Customers Savings and Expertise.
NYSERDA and DASNY can provide customers with a full range of project planning, design and construction services. We can assist with financing, technological enhancements and equipment selection to bring energy-efficiency projects to completion. Potential financial incentives may also be available to offset a portion of the cost of energy-efficiency programs.
DASNY Provides Planning, Financing, Construction and Procurement Expertise.
DASNY can assist with project planning and design, financing, project management services, as well as complete procurement services. Through DASNYs tax-exempt equipment leasing program, known as TELP, we can finance the leasing of energy-efficiency equipment, as well as computer systems, phone systems or major health diagnostic equipment. The TELP program consistently saves clients 10 percent over conventional taxable lease financing.
In addition, DASNY has created a new "Energy Management Group" within the Construction Division to focus on energy matters, primarily energy efficiency technologies and green building technologies for the Authoritys agency owners construction programs. The Group will work with DASNY customers on new and existing facilities to ensure that all alternative sources of energy are understood, specified, and constructed.
NYSERDA Offers Expert Advice on Energy Efficiency Programs.
Buildings constructed or renovated with DASNYs assistance will be in use for decades --- consuming large quantities of energy. NYSERDAs services include energy-efficiency design and equipment selection to help customers reduce energy consumption, creating savings that can be used to pay for the building and equipment.
In some cases, financial incentives are available to incorporate energy efficiency into the building design. Selecting energy-efficient equipment in the early stages of a major building renovation or new construction is critical. By incorporating energy-efficient In some cases, financial incentives are available to incorporate energy efficiency into the building design. Selecting energy-efficient equipment in the early stages of a major building renovation or new construction is critical. By incorporating energy-efficient
Benefits of Partnership for Customers: Saves Energy Saves Money.
The NYSERDA and DASNY Partnership helps customers save both energy and money. To learn more about how our programs can work for you, or to see whether your company is eligible for these services, contact any of our knowledgeable staff listed on at the bottom of this text.
Project Planning and Technical Assistance
- Provide customers with technical assistance to identify cost-effective
energy efficiency measures and "green building" technologies.
- Help customers develop and implement energy performance contracts.
- Provide cost-shared commissioning services.
- Help customers identify current and future energy commodity needs, and
plan procurement strategies to meet those needs.
- Provide energy performance levels for bidding specifications for energy equipment.
Financial Incentives and Project Financing*
- Financial incentives for electric-efficiency and demand reduction measures
are available through the following New York Energy $martSM programs:
- Commercial/Industrial Performance Program offers performance-based incentives
for equipment replacement with a maximum customer incentive of $1 million.
- New Construction Program offsets up to 80% of the incremental cost of
higher efficiency equipment in new construction and major renovation projects.
- Peak Load Reduction Program covers up to 75% of the capital cost associated
with implementing peak load reduction strategies and web-enabled metering.
- Smart Equipment Choices Program provides fixed incentives for eligible
energy-efficient equipment with a maximum customer incentive of $25,000
- Provide low-cost financing for energy-efficient equipment through participating banks and lending institutions.
* Available to eligible customers under the New York Energy $martSM program
- Assist customers with project planning, including feasibility studies,
project scope and budget preparation.
- Energy Group will advise customers on energy efficiency matters.
- Provide low-cost financing for private and public colleges and universities,
hospitals, nursing homes, and other health-related facilities, courts, libraries
and many nonprofit organizations through the issuance of tax-exempt bonds.
- Offer Tax-Exempt Equipment Leasing Program (TELP) for equipment, including energy-efficiency projects -- saving customers at least 10 percent.
Construction and Technical Assistance
- Make available to customers our experienced registered architects and
professional engineers with hands-on experience in both the public and private
- Provide a broad range of services to assist in the most complex design
and construction programs, including:
- Project planning
- Design and rehabilitation planning
- Consultant selections
- Contract preparation and administration
- Engineering review
- Project management
- Change order administration and claims analysis
- Quality-control inspection
- Interior design
- Consulting services in design and construction methodology and affirmative action compliance.
As one of the largest buyers in New York State, the Dormitory Authority commands unusual purchasing power based upon an annual volume that has reached nearly $60 million. With that expertise, DASNY can:
- Provide the most value for the least cost at the quality a customer selects.
- Identify equipment requirements, matching needs against budget.
- Work with vendors on behalf of customers.
- Ensure that the products meet specifications.
- Arrange for deliveries at the appropriate time in the construction process.
- Resolve issues that may arise in equipping a major building.
- Ensure that prompt payment is made, after complete assurance that a customer has received contracted items.
Senior Project Manager, Energy Efficiency Services
518-862-1090, ext. 3336
Dormitory Authority Contacts
Senior Financial Analyst; Public Finance
Stephen D. Curro
Managing Director; Office of Construction
New York State Energy Research and Development Authority
Vincent A. DeIorio, Esq. Chairman of the Board
Francis J. Murray, Jr. President and CEO
17 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5156
Dormitory Authority - State of New York
Alfonso L. Carney, Jr. Chair
Paul T. Williams, Jr. Executive Director
Albany, New York 12207-2964
One Penn Plaza, 52nd Floor
New York, New York 10119-0098
539 Franklin Street
Buffalo, New York 14202-1109