Human Resources: Our Role
The Human Resources department supports the Authority’s business performance and objectives by providing guidance for the effective management of our most valuable resource – people.
Human Resources builds the foundation that supports the Authority’s mission by attracting, developing, and retaining an innovative team of professionals.
To be a responsive team striving to develop initiatives that foster professional growth, continuous learning, and an enriched quality of life.
Human Resources unit is actively involved in:
- Attracting and recruiting the most qualified candidates, while maintaining staffing levels that enable the Dormitory Authority to provide quality service and meet its clients’ needs.
- Promoting and managing a comprehensive and affordable benefits program providing employees with a vast array of choices.
- Facilitating the performance management program by encouraging open lines of communication and providing employees with the training, tools, and support needed to meet and exceed job expectations.
- Providing Authority employees with a wide range of opportunities to improve job-related skills and acquire additional specialized knowledge. The employee development program is designed to improve job performance and enhance knowledge and skills required to advance within the Authority.
- Developing and maintaining a sound employee relations program. HR administers the collective bargaining agreements and ensures compliance with State and Federal employment laws and regulations.