M/W/SBE Opportunity Programs Group
DASNY’s Opportunity Programs Group (OPG) supports two areas for MWBEs: Construction Contracting and Commodity Compliance, directed by Michael M. Clay and an expanded role, Financial Services, Professional Services, and Real Estate Services, as specified in Executive Order 10.
The Opportunity Programs Group is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating the effectiveness of programs and procedures:
- To increase the development and utilization of qualified business firms owned by minority group members, women and small businesses through such means as contracting, subcontracting, and commodity procurement, as well as legal services, financial services, real estate services and other professional services.
- To ensure contractors and others doing business with the Authority employ qualified minority group members and women in positions in which they may have been previously excluded or substantially underutilized.
Moreover, in terms of statutory requirements, the Opportunity Programs Group is responsible for ensuring Authority compliance with the Public Authorities Law, Set-Aside Legislation, Article 15A of the Executive Law and Executive Order 10.
Michael M. Clay, Director of the Opportunity Programs Group (OPG), plans and directs activities of the unit and is responsible for administration and compliance with applicable rules, regulations and Board policy related to construction. Mr. Clay has offices in New York City and Albany. His telephone number in New York is (212) 273-5146 and his telephone number in Albany is (518) 257-3464.
The Opportunity Programs Group has six programmatic operations, namely,
- Construction Contracting Program
- Set-Aside Program
- Employment Compliance Program
- Commodity Compliance Program
- Construction-related Professional Services Program
- Financial and Professional Services Diversity Programs
For a list of firms that may be interested in receiving information from potential sub-consultants, see RFP Recipients.
M/W/SBE Opportunity Programs and Registry
- Add Your Firm as an Interested Sub/Supplier
- New York State Contract System
- NYS MWBE Forum
- Coming MWBE Events
- Compliance Report
- MWBE Registry
- MWBE Subcontractor FAQs
- NYS M/WBE Task Force
- Writing & Presenting Winning RFPs (Videos)
- Strategic Alliance Partners
- Surety Bonding/Capital Access Program
- Technical Assistance Providers
- View Plan Holder or Interested Sub/Supplier List