DASNY MBE, WBE & SBE REGISTRATION
Registration with DASNY is independent of and not related to any other registration, classification or other similar term that may be provided to Minority, Women and Small Business Enterprises by other Local, State or Federal government departments.
Registrations are provided for three business classifications, namely, Minority Business Enterprise, Women Business Enterprise and Small Business Enterprise.
1. Minority Business Enterprise means a socially and economically disadvantaged applicant concern, which is owned and controlled by one or more persons who have been deprived of the opportunity to develop and maintain a competitive position in the economy because of social or economic disadvantages. Such persons include:
a. Black Americans
b. American Indians
c. Latina Americans
d. Oriental Americans
e. Asian Indians
h. Servicemen in the armed forces during the Vietnam era
Classification item (h), only applies to Bronx Community College, Hostos Community College, Medgar Evers College and York College of the City University of New York in accordance with New York Public Authorities Law, Sections 1695-1699r.
2. Women Business Enterprise means a business, which is independently owned and operated by non-minority women.
3. Small Business Enterprise means a business which is independently owned and operated and which is not dominant in the field of operation and which conforms to other eligibility requirements in accordance with Section 1695 et. seq. of the Public Authorities Law of the State of New York.
Registration will be granted to applicant firms whose business may be classified under the following categories listed below:
- Construction Contracting
- Architectural and Engineering
- General Consultant
- General Service
- Construction Material Supplier/Vendor
- Financial and Legal
- Regulated Professional Consultant
DASNY provides direct notification of procurement opportunities to program registrants for the categories indicated above.
Registration covers a period of two years commencing with the date of acceptance by DASNY. At or before the end of the registration period, the Minority, Women or Small Business Concern should apply for Registration Renewal.
DASNY is not a New York State Certifying Agency, New York State Certification must be granted by the Empire State Development Corporation, Division of Minority and Women-Owned Businesses. New York State Certification is now an online process. To become New York State Certified as a Minority or Women Owned Enterprise go online to the New York State Contract System.
If you wish to get registered with DASNY, please contact Charles J. Croskey, MWBE Business Development & Outreach Coordinator at (212) 273-5115.